The mission of the Department of Economics consists of three interrelated components: providing the highest quality instruction to our undergraduate students, conducting leading-edge research in economics, and providing leadership and service to our professional communities.
The Department of Economics aims at the qualification of new staff with general knowledge alert to the challenges in economy, and able to work in the administration of local and foreign private companies.
The degree conferred upon the completion of the undergraduate program is "Bachelor of Arts in Economics". The students graduated from this department will be able to serve in the public administration, in the private sector and in non-governmental organizations. The system of attendance is full time. Detailed information on the courses offered in the semester schedules is included in the academic plan. The list of departmental must elective and free-elective courses is provided in details in the academic catalogue, including the theoretical lessons, recitation lessons, credits, equivalent credits according to ECTS credit system, and workload of each course. The list of courses offered each semester by our department and academic catalogue correlate together. The objective of this department is to fulfill the need for qualified members in this field, and to prepare skilled people to work in different sectors related to economics. In addition, the vast demands from high-school applicants have been an influent factor for the establishment department.
Program and Job Opportunities
This department will have the following advantages:
- Appropriate and comfortable spaces for students and academicians.
- Recent catalogs and educational programs based on the global trade demand of work.
- Diversified staff (foreign and Albanian) with long educational experience.
- Possibilities for internships during the studies in local and foreign companies.
- The spaces are supplied with wireless and cabled internet 24 hour that students can use to develop their research.
- The possibility of employment for the graduated is tightly connected with their academicals advances, courage, and conditions that will be provided by the university.
- The graduated students will have consolidated knowledge on economics and economic processes.
- Students will be able to situate trade development and to find relevant solution to the continuously appearing challenges.
- Through the gained experience, the graduated economists will be among the most preferred staff in the specific disciplines due to their profession ethics, acquired theoretical framework, and applied methodology when employed.
- The department aims to encouraging and motivating the graduated students to organize and manage their private activities.